KENYA INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS (AMENDMENT) ACT, 2013
THE SELECTION PANEL FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF THE COMMUNICATIONS AND MULTIMEDIA APPEALS TRIBUNAL
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
IN ACCORDANCE with Section 102 (2) of the Kenya Information and Communications (Amendment) Act, 2013 (“the Act”) the Cabinet Secretary for Information, Communications and Technology declares vacancies in the position of Member of the Communications and Multimedia Appeals Tribunal (“the Tribunal”) and invites applications from qualified persons. The Cabinet Secretary has convened the Selection Panel as per the provisions of the Act.
Therefore, this is to call for applications from the general public for the position of Member of the Tribunal. Qualified candidates are requested to apply for the post.
Women, persons with disabilities, people from minority and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
The mandate, procedures and functions of the Members are stipulated under Section 102A – 102G of the Act.
- VACANCIES FOR THE POSITION OF MEMBER OF THE COMMUNICATIONS AND MULTIMEDIA APPEALS TRIBUNAL
Applications are invited from persons who possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in media, telecommunication, postal, courier systems, radio communications, information technology or business practice and finance with fifteen (15) years working experience. Master’s degree holders shall have an added advantage. Applicants in the employment of the Government, the Media Council or the Communications Authority of Kenya are not eligible for the post”
- TERMS OF SERVICE
The Members of the Tribunal shall hold office for a period of three (3) years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term subject to a maximum of two terms.
- HOW TO APPLY
- All applications (manual and online) should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials as well as a day time telephone number and personal email.
- A copy of the National Identity Card or Kenyan Passport should be appended.
- All applications should be clearly marked, “Application for position of Member of the Communications and Multimedia Appeals Tribunal” and submitted in any ONE of the following ways:
- Manual applications should be hand delivered to the Central Registry on 9th Floor, Teleposta Towers, off Koinange Street, Nairobi
- Online applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications through the post office should be addressed to:
Selection Panel for the Nomination of
Member of the Communications and Multimedia Appeals Tribunal
Ministry of Information Communication and Technology
P.O Box 30025-00100
- The names of all applicants and the shortlisted candidates will be published under section 102(7) of the Act in the Kenya Gazette, and in at least two daily newspapers of national circulation and the website of the Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology–information.go.ke.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to carry their original National Identity Card/Kenya Passport and original academic and professional documents and testimonials for the interview and obtain clearance from the following bodies.
-Kenya Revenue Authority
-Higher Education Loans Board
-Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
-Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
All applications should be received before 5.00 pm on the 6th July, 2018
This advertisement can also be obtained from the Ministry of Information Communications and Technology website www.information.go.ke and from the Government Advertising Agency website www.mygov.go.ke.
ENG. JULIUS RIUNGU, CHAIRPERSON
THE SELECTION PANEL FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNICATIONS AND MULTIMEDIA APPEALS TRIBUNAL