Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology invites suitably qualified and experienced Human Resource Consultancy firms to provide competency based recruitment services for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme.
The Presidential Digital Talent Programme provides one-year internship to young ICT graduates as management trainees in the Government. It is intended to help the Government meet the increased demand for ICT staff while ensuring that the trainees gain experience to obtain gainful employment upon completion. As well, Presidential Digital Talent Programme is envisioned as a means of building the next generation of globally competitive ICT leadership and technology talent that will transform Kenya through world class service delivery to the citizenry. The Programme is an initiative of the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. It is implemented by ICT Authority.
Objective of the assignment:
The Main Objective of the assignment is to assist the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology in identifying suitable ICT graduates for the Presidential Digital Talent Programme in the most transparent, cost effective and efficient method based on established selection criteria for the programme.
Scope of the assignment:
- The selected firm will advertise for the positions in different channels of communication including social media, and popular job hunting websites. It is envisioned that all applications will be done online;
- conduct initial screening of applications against defined selection criteria using web based techniques;
- Provide a merit-based short list of qualified candidates;
- Carry out reference checks and verification of qualifications of the shortlisted candidates;
- Conduct in-depth interviews of the shortlisted candidates based on approved criteria for selection;
- Provide a merit-based list of successful candidates based on the approved criteria.
The assignment is for a period of not more than Six (6) weeks
The Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology (the Client) now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services.
Required Capacity of the firm:
- The recruitment firm must have extensive experience in employee search and placement;
- The firm must have a proven track record in talent sourcing and management; it must demonstrate experience in working with Public Sector;
- The firm must propose a credible team for the assignment, complete with demonstrated qualifications and experience;
- The firm must present, as part of the team, a specified Team Leader for this assignment with demonstrated achievement in similar assignments;
- The Team Leader must have a first degree and a minimum of 10 years experience in employee search, selection, and not less than 10 years’ experience in HR related work and should have a degree in any related field.
- Further, the firm will propose at least two support lead consultants who, together with the Team Leader, would compose the leadership for the exercise. The support consultants must have a first degree and not less than 6 years’ experience in similar assignments.
Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they have the necessary qualifications and capacity to perform the services. The information should include description of similar assignments undertaken and experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among core staff, availability of logistics, date when consultancy was established. The information should include names and addresses of at least 2 clients that the consultant has worked with in the past 2 years, and the specific assignments involved. Consultants may team up to enhance their qualifications.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 0800H to 1700H from Monday to Friday except public holidays in Kenya and from our website www.ict.go.ke and the Government Supplier Portal www.supplier.treasury.go.ke
Expression of interest must be delivered to the address below by 14th January 2016 at 10.30a.m or be deposited in the Tender Box located on 8th floor Telposta Towers.
THE PRINCIPAL SECRETARY
MINISTRY OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION AND TECHNOLOGY
TELPOSTA PLAZA, 8TH FLOOR
P.O.BOX 30025-00100, NAIROBI KENYA
NB: On the envelope please indicate the following:
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – HUMAN RESOURCE CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF CANDIDATES FOR THE PRESIDENTIAL DIGITAL TALENT PROGRAMME.